Glass Blocks Pinned and Created


I am so excited, as this is my first post for the blog! I love Pintrest and all the grand ideas it gives for me for. . . well everything! 



One of my favorite pins has been the glass blocks. I have made a few in the past with images on them. I founds some that had just a letter and I thought that they looked so elegant. I had a wedding coming up and decided that I should make them something. I looked at several ideas, chose one, then changed my mind, chose another, and then changed my mind again. Finally, I made a decision. Below is the glass block that gave me my inspiration.


You can see the orginial creation by visiting Finding Time to Create. Which if you like her project then I encourage you to visit and let her know!

You will, also, find this pictured pinned to my Pinterest boards Stuff I've Done/Tried
Feel free to visit me on Pinterest and be a follower!

Now, for my creations inspired by the above!


The frame comes from the Paper Lace Cricut Cartridge and the G comes from the Storybook Cricut Catridge. Using my Gyspy I removed the phrase that was orginally inside this frame and using George and Basic Shapes Cricut Cartridge I made the frames insides a bit bigger. I inserted the G and there it was. I bought a dollar flower from Michaels, dressed it up with some bling from my stash, some ribbon, and a key to embellish the top. 


You may or may not notice but I snuck another Pinterest inspiration in on this project. You can see the idea below. I mixed modge podge and glow in the dark glitter together and pasted in on the sides and back of the glass block. I know you can't see it that well, maybe a bit better if you look at the first picture of the G block. It gave it this really need frosted look, and yes it really glowed and the stuff did not come off after drying!!! So fun!


I found this interesting idea to mix glitter and modge podge together. This idea can be found at Pixie in Pumps.


A friend of mine saw this and love it so I made one for her for her birthday, check it out below.


The "O" came from Gypsy Font on my Gypsy and the Paper Lace Cartridge was used for this one as well.

Below is another glass block that had inspired me awhile ago.


You can see the orginial product by visiting Super Saturday Crafts and More.

And here is what her glass block inspired in me.



The image on this block came from the Inspired Heart Cricut Cartridge.


The cross and dove came from the New Testament Cricut Catridge.

Well, I hope that you were inspired to start creating and maybe even try one of these glass block ideas!
Thanks for visiting and check back here and to the Pins to Creation blog for more great ideas!

There will be a new idea every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday up on the Pins to Creation blog!




Comments

  1. Beautiful glass blocks. I must try this one day.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these glass blocks, the inspired ones as well as the ones you made. They are all fabulous! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

War Binder

Crazy Cute Cards