Follow by Email

Followers

Labels

Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Singing In The Rain

It's time for another challenge over at the Cooking With Cricut blog! This weeks challenge is: Welcome Spring! We are asked to create a project inspired by our favorite spring song.  (Examples:  “Spring Fever” by Elvis Presley;   “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles; “It’s a Beautiful Day” by U2; “I Got the Spring Fever Blues” by Ella Fitzgerald).

My favorite spring song? Well, to be honest it's the only one I know - Singing in the Rain! I decided to create a layout for the rainy day pictures I have taken of my kids. Unfortunately, no pics yet, but here is the layout.



I used the following cartridges to create this layout:
  1. 3 Birds On Parade - raindrops and embossed them
  2. Nate's ABCs - umbrella and boots
  3. Once Upon A Princess - sentiment
  4. Storybook - journal box
The paper comes from the My Mind's Eye Laundry Line paper stack.
I hope you enjoyed my project this week and I really hope that you will create your own and link it up at the Cookin With Cricut blog for your chance to win a great prize this week!

12 comments:

  1. What a fun layout! I can only imagine the kids...jumping in puddles and what not!!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty!!! Love the papers and the cuts.

    Great tutorial yesterday ;0)

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the paper you used for this. It fits the song perfectly - spring colours, but a little distressed too (i.e., the MUD! lol!). Such a great layout! :)
    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, the raindrops are supah cute! I love your rain boots and umbrella, what darling elements and totally perfect papers and colors too! This is such a fantastic layout Miss Jamie A! You'll have me singin' in sun today though, no rain for Seattle hooray :P Hugs and have a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute layout! I love your choice of papers and cuts. This layout definitely suits the song well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute layout ! and good combo of pattern paper ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout and love that you used so many carts. The colors are perfect and I especially love the boots. So glad to be on the CWC DT with you. (and FCCB) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful LO and a wonderful song for your insoiration!! I love your paper choices.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE THIS SONG! Great LO! I'd love for you to link up to my link party...
    http://jaihartjustlovelydesigns.blogspot.com/2012/03/sundays-are-lovely-7.html

    Smiles,

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great layout! I love the boots and umbrella - such a fun cartridge - and the title looks great.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. great LO, and great song choice too!

    ReplyDelete