Love is in the Air

The My Scraps and More forum is having a Valentine Crop called "Love is in the Air". This crop is going on until Feb. 23rd, if you are interested in playing along. I have gotten a couple of their challenges completed at this point and I will share them with you here. 

Challenge #1 - My Wish
This challenge is all about SEE THROUGH items. So all you need to do is USE AT LEAST 2 DIFFERENT SEE THROUGH ITEMS ON YOUR PAGE.  You can use vellum, clear die-cuts, lace, transparencies, overlays (like those cute Crate Paper frames)...get creative!

My sister treated me to a Rascal Flatts concert. It was amazing, especially since I had been a fan of theirs for so long and had yet to make it to a concert. I will say that I did meet them about 12 years ago when I checked them out of the hotel that I was working at. And yes I got their autographs - Woot Woot!
For this challenge I used DCWV: The Dots, Stripes, and Plaids paper stack. There is a transparency over Gary LeVox (from Rascal Flatts) and I added a vellum title "Live it up". I added some trendy twine to further embellish the layout. The Banner background comes from the Lovely Floral Cricut Cartridge.

This layout will also be entered for a sketch challenge over at the Stuck Sketches blog for their sketch posted on Feb. 15th.

 Challenge #14 - 14 Things
For this challenge, you get a little bit of freedom. But it might be harder than you think :) All you need to do is come up with 14 things on your page. 

This layout features my daughter and her friend chasing each other around on the grass during a much needed break (on the parent's end) at Silverwood Theme Park.
For this layout I used chipboard, metal, twine and much more from my stash! I'll tell you it was a nice feeling to be using my stash! 



Hope you were inspired to create and maybe even join in the crop - there are a few days left to play!

Blessings,


Comments

  1. Great pages, loving the use of the twine! So glad you joined us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layouts! I love your vellum title and the branch! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pages! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun recollections from your concert. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on the layouts! Great way to use twine. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

War Binder

Our Favorite Things Blog Candy Extravaganza

Crazy Cute Cards