Follow by Email

Followers

Labels

Popular Posts

Friday, April 26, 2013

On The Other Side

Well, I'm on the other side of the challenges now for the Fantabulous Cricut blog!
I was looking to make something for my daughter's teachers and the FCCB challenge this week gave me the motivation I needed.

The challenge was to use your cricut to make or at least embellish a 3d project.
I decided to make a reusable calender.

I used a tutorial that I found on the Scor-pal blog.


The paper comes from DCWV's The Green Stack, The boxes were cut using the Wrap It Up Cricut Cartridge, the numbers came from A Child's Year cart, and the title comes from the Graphically Speaking cart.




Till next time,


Friday, April 12, 2013

Finishing up the Sketch-a-thon



Well the Birthday Sketch-a-thon at My Scraps and More is finished and I thought I'd show you the rest of the layouts I did for it.


The challenge was to use two different fonts, so I used my cricut cartridge Storybook for the two diff kinds of font.


The challenge was to use two buttons and I put mine in the upper right corner and the lower left corner. The flag shapes come from the Lovely Floral Cricut Cartridge and the paper is DCWV The Rustic Stack.


The challenge was to use chipboard, so I used chipboard titles. The paper is DCWV The Kidlet stack and Sunday Afternoon.


The challenge was to use a punch so I used a Martha Stewart border punch to make the half frames for the base of the picture. The paper is DCWV The Garden Tea Party Stack. The title is stamped on a tag and embossed with crinkle ribbon for added embellishment.


The challenge was to use two titles. So I put Little Lady in the upper left corner and Smile right beneath the picture. The paper is DCWV The Kidlet stack and Sunday Afternoon.


This challenge was to use two techniques on your layout. I used faux stitching with stickles and I distressed all the pattern paper edges. The paper is DCWV The Kidlet stack. I used George and Basic Shapes cricut cartridge for the circle shapes and Lovely Floral cartridge for the flag shapes.


The challenge was to include a birthday cake on your layout. I used a pattern paper with a cake in the lower right corner. The paper is from the DCWV The Sweet Stack.


This challenge was to use three brads with the sketch. I added three green brads to the upper left corner of the card. The card and the princess were both cut out using the Once Upon a Princess Cricut cartridge.


Till next time,


Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A few more for the Sketch-a-thon


Well  here's a few more for the Birthday Sketch-a-thon at My Scraps and More.


The challenge was to be inspired by a dog clown picture. I used the colors and the polka dots as my inspiration for this layout. The paper comes from the DCWV The Kidlet Stack adn I used trendy twine o the tags for added embellishment.


The challenge was to use a song title for the layout title. I choose to use a song by Laura Veirs "Cool Water" The title was cut out using the Country Life Cricut Cartridge, the circles using the George and Basic Shapes cartridge, and the paper comes from the DCWV Sunday Afternoon paper stack.


The challenge for this layout was to use journaling strips. I'm not much of a journaler so I used word strips for my layout. The title comes from the font feature on the Country Life Cricut cartridge and George and Basic Shapes was used for the circles. I used my gypsy to create the thin circle outlines. The paper comes from the DCWV Sunday Afternoon paper stack.

The two pages together.



The challenge was to use a two word title for the layout. I choose to just have the title "Father Son" and the title was cut using the font feature on the Life's A Beach Cricut Cartridge. The border underneath the photo was cut using the Give a Hoot Cricut Cartridge and the arrows come from the Graphically Speaking cartridge. I also distressed the pattern papers in this layout using Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distressing Ink.


This challenge asked us to use chipboard. Very glad of that as I have a lot of it and have rarely used it. I used chipboard letters to create my title, the lawn mower comes from the Chore Chart Cricut cartridge.


The challenge was to use distress inks and since I love to do that anyway this challenge was fun! I used Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distressing Ink around all the pattern papers on this layout. I used the Home Decor Cricut Cartridge to cut out the brackets and the paper comes from My Mind's Eye's Complete Boy stack.